Author Topic: Padded for protection... shooting sports.  (Read 885 times)

Offline taxmapper

• Silver Member
it may have been discussed before, but I am curious to the views on this. 

Given that I am a target shooter and have started lately with air guns, I have come to discover that the shouldering of any rifle has become a bit of a chore for several reasons. 

1: The obvious.  The boobage suddenly comes in contact with the stock and any recoil becomes a bit painful. 

2: The interference aspect of keeping the mams in place whilst having fun at the range. 

3: This also applies to archery as I have found that the pulling of the string brings the opposite side suddenly in slapping and cutting zone. (OUCH!!!)

4: And overall the compensation habits taken because the mams have a tendency to cause you to arch your body to protect them.

I now wear exclusively padded sports bras alone.  

This is obviously not something everyone here would partake in, but I am curious to those who do, what has been your experience and stories. 

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/index.php?topic=35975.0

Offline Emcginty

• Posting Member
If you look at women they have to do certain things to limit the impact to their breast.  

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I really just wear lightly lined/padded t-shirt bras. I like the padding cause it doesn't cause my nipples to rub and I feel better supported.

Offline Moobzie

• Posting Member
For archery or shooting, a compression shirt (such as from "Under Armour') works very well.

Offline taxmapper

• Silver Member
Well I did get in my chest protection for martial arts. 

The cups are made of a simi-soft silicon like padded rubber. (Kinda hard shell but deflective).

I pulled out a Bo staff and smacked my chest several times with it 
Works VERY well! 

Offline Charlee

• Posting Member
Works VERY well!

Good God man! You did that on purpose?
Happy to be busted.

Offline Johndoe1

Well I did get in my chest protection for martial arts.

The cups are made of a simi-soft silicon like padded rubber. (Kinda hard shell but deflective).

Works VERY well!
What did you get? Who makes them and what sizes are available?

Offline Johndoe1

How comfortable are hard cups like that? How comfortable is the bra and cups in general?

Offline taxmapper

• Silver Member
I bought the cups alone. But they can slip nicely under a sports bra. 
The cups are fine. I am a 44 B at this point and heading to C.  the cups fit nicely over and when i tested with a stick hitting them several times, there was an expected "slap" of sorts only because of a small air gap between me and the cup. More like being slapped across the face than anything else. 
The impact is cushioned by a liner-boning of sorts that cover the edge.  I smacked myself a number of times quite hard in fact and no issues. Except for the minor 'slap". 

The bra designed for those with shipping is near $50 and paychecks as they are I have to wite to get it. 
But otherwise under a reg. sports bar will work fine. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021