Author Topic: Maybe I should get a bra  (Read 349 times)

Offline SpaceWater

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I've had gynecomastia since I was a teen, I'm in my 30s and gained a few ponds during confinement. 
My chest feels very heavy now and after a few hours standing up it starts to hurt, I've been having a lot of back pain as well. 

Do you guys that wear bras think these symptoms would ameliorate with a bra? Any tips on how to calculate the right size?

Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.gynecomastia.org/forum/index.php?topic=35726.0

Offline aboywithgirls

Let me start out by saying congratulations on your decision to start wearing a bra. 

It sounds like you are becoming not only aware of your breasts but also the fact that they need to be supported. A bra will support as well as control that unwanted movement that creates unwanted attention. 

Its 2020. Its ok to get professionally fited.
Bras aren't for women, they're for breasts.

Offline curiousk

• Bronze Member
Hello all,

I've had gynecomastia since I was a teen, I'm in my 30s and gained a few ponds during confinement.
My chest feels very heavy now and after a few hours standing up it starts to hurt, I've been having a lot of back pain as well.

Do you guys that wear bras think these symptoms would ameliorate with a bra? Any tips on how to calculate the right size?

Thanks.
I think that you will benefit from wearing a bra.   Definitely go and get a professional fitting done.   A lot of stores do fittings for men and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.   A good fitter will ask you about your needs and suggest bras that will fulfillment those needs.   I’ve been wearing a bra for 6 months and the difference is night and day.   Way more comfortable wearing a bra.

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
Definitely worth looking into and definitely get a fitting. It will feel weird at first but just keep wearing it and you'll used to it.

Offline SpaceWater

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the support guys.

I'm quite nervous to go for a professional fitting, I live in France and I don't know how common it is for guys to get fitted here

Offline aboywithgirls

I can't tell you how things are in France as far as getting fitted. You can always call first and tell them that you are looking to be fitted for a bra because of your breast development. If they say no problem. Then go and get fitted. Don't be nervous. A bra will only help.

Offline blad

• Bronze Member
I think you may be very surprised at how well a good fitting bra can feel when you have breast tissue.

It is very much worth the effort to get fitted before making any final conclusions. As a bra is very different to any clothing you have worn before, it may feel odd initially but do give it a decent trial period. If it has been well fitted you will realize that you even forget you are wearing a bra and just feel comfortable and secure in how it keeps things in place. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2020