Author Topic: Forgetting you are even wearing a bra  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
You will. Even if you don’t wear it daily it eventually becomes something you’re aware of when you put it on in my opinion but 20 min later it’s mehhh. Unless I’m walking by a reflective window or stretching my arms back or reaching for my wallet do I become a bit aware I’m wearing one as depending on the bra the cups may be more visible than the other bra. But regarding self conscious I definitely relate and can say simply going abojt your business and not looking around to see if anyone’s looking or acting oddly to conceal it is only working to your benefit. Even if people see projection from your chest depending on bra size and fit and whatever. If you just act like your normal self people will in my opinion just look, notice and dismiss. Next to staring at phones people stare at people and it’s just people watching but I wouldn’t be self conscious cause even if someone is watching you in their passing by or next to you in the check out lane or whatever they likely aren’t judging or shaking their heads especially if you look like a dude act like a dude and are a dude then they probably will just assume well that’s weird but must be for a reason. 

Offline blad

• Silver Member
Half of the mature male population has some sort of departure from ideal. There are many out there with moobs, but greater still are a large number with the uni moob called a gut. Maybe they should bring back to corset for gut control.

So it is normal to be abnormal. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline felix

• Bronze Member
In 3 1/2 years of wearing a bra every day, I have caught 2 women and a 12 year old girl staring at my chest.  The rest either don't notice or just don't care.  

Offline Johndoe1

I'm jealous. Had less in the same time!

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Been wearing fairly regularly for a few months with only a few days absent from wearing and only had one man walking out of walmart when i was walking in on a windy day look at me with confusion/judgment and my assumption is he saw a guy with obvious bra wearage which i just kept walking minding my own and who knows he could have just been having wind in his eyes lol. Still too nervous to wear one around my wife but i'm getting close to just trying it. Overall i'm with the general crew here, no one notices and if they do its too far and few in between to make a diff

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
That is interesting you are more apt to wear a bra out of the house instead of in front of your wife. I wore in front of my wife first. In fact, when I was diagnosed with gynecomastia she said "all breast tissue needs support no matter how little".  She had me try on her cami that moment and then I went to bras about 6 months later.  My annual mammograms help confirm my need to wear as I have grown over the past 6 years.

Good luck with your wife. If you have breast tissue, she should understand the discomfort.  Since I am on T for bone health, my endocrinologist says my breasts may hurt forever. The T does that to it. She also instructed me not to get them removed.

Interesting, you need to accept a lot of change when getting old....

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Yeah i think so too, but idk i think its cause i don't have a lot of friends and those i do i don't really see much of cause of work, family life, etc. So if a stranger see's me and notices its like whatever who cares, never been one to care about what one i don't know thinks. But those I do know especially those in my direct life like my wife if she were to know and notice and dismiss and disdain it then yeah i would feel pretty bad about it. We had some event to go to a week or so ago and her sister stayed to watch the house and babysit for us. I'm not really trusting of her sister and feel she is really nosey and had a feeling when the kid goes to sleep she may go through some things. Not to steal or anything, very sweet person just gossipy and judgy so i had 4 bras to try and hide. My favorite black one, 2 cami bras, and a beige one. All 34b my wife is 38C and i had no idea where to hide them, and ended up just throwing them away. I feel very stupid for doing that cause now i have to re buy them lol luckily they are walmart and all cost less than 30 but still just the fact i felt that at odds about having bras and being found out by someone who would judge me if found them just really sucks. It would be nice to just wear one and let it be seen and be like "are you wearing a bra" "yup" "right on" and back to general conversation lol. Kudos to your wife for not just being supportive but encouraging. Those are two things i find don't always come together. I am confident my wife would understand, and confident we are raising our daughter in the more than right way to be kind loving and not anything opposite. But I don't know I just can't pull that trigger. 

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
It can be hard to pull the trigger. I was sort of lucky that my urologist/oncologist diagnosed my gynecomastia during a normal visit to discuss the pain in what was then my remaining testicle (now gone) and my low testosterone. I mentioned how my boobs hurt when I golfed and she immediately had me take off my shirt and gave me a breast exam and then ordered a mammogram. After the exam and I sat up the doctor reached out and grabbed my breast to hold and and said "This is all breast tissue."  When my wife asked about how the doctor visit went, I told her I have gynecomastia and have a mammogram scheduled.  Hard to not accept that. So, she wanted to see and then we talked about support. 

Perhaps you could have a similar conversation with your doctor to break the ice with your wife.

Offline Dale Warnio

• Silver Member

Offline Dudewithboobs

• Silver Member
Can't ask for a much better confirming doctors visit lol our dr recently retired and we have yet to find a replacing one. Our insurance is garbage so it's tough to even entertain trying to see one. Hope the mammogram went well and didn't show anything odd, and sorry for whatever the reason was for loss of testes. Kudos though for seemingly having an it is what it is attitude toward it. 

Offline mgr

• Bronze Member
Thank you!  All went well. In fact I am about to have my 6th one this coming week.  My first as in 2015. Last year I felt a lump confirmed by my Internist and she sent me for another mammogram and ultrasound. The techs were all wonderful.   It came back as a normal lymph node. I don't have much fat on my body so I am pretty lean even under the arms and sides, which is where I felt the lump.  My breasts have pretty clear border lines between breast and my side. They stop abruptly like a females would.

You are correct, my urologist and internist are both wonderful doctors that have really supported me.  My internist tells me to wear a bra. I didn't wear one in my last visit. She asked why and I said " I didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything.". Her response was "Don't be ridiculous. It is about your comfort, so wear one next time.".

I am worked through the loss of my testes.  It has impacted my body a bit, but I am fairly self confident about who I am, which is a good thing.

Sorry your insurance is crap.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2021